The Corsair Collection
Biatec’s Corsair Collection has a range of perfectly sized dress vintage pilot style watches with a a 40 mm diameter 316L stainless steel case. It has a choice of black, gray or blue laquered dials with Arabic numerals with Superluminova T3 grade A, silver or golden hands and top quality black, brown or dark brown calf leather straps. A seconds subdial display is located at 9:00 o’clock. All watches feature a 29 jewels Swiss Made Mechanical Automatic Eterna 3901A movement with Automatic winding, a “Corsair” customized propeller rotor and a Rhodium plated finish, which can be examined in detail through a sapphire crystal case back. All decorations and craftsmanship are of the highest quality.
- 316L stainless steel (with black DLC coating for model 02)
- Brushed and polished finish
- Front sapphire crystal with antireflective coating on both sides
- See-through Sapphire crystal back with inner double antireflective coating
- Screwed caseback
- Polished steel plate with serial number of the watch between lugs
- Viton® sealing under caseback – resistant against chemicals
- Big diamond screwed-down crown with Biatec logo
- Diameter: 40.00 mm, height: 12.8 mm
- Lug width: 20 mm
- Water resistance: 100 meters
- Black, gray, blue lacquered dial
- Small seconds dial at 9.00
- 3D silver or golden numbers printed with Superluminova T3 grade A
- Silver or golden hands filled with Superluminova T3 grade A
- Black, brown, dark brown calf leather with grain pattern and white stitching
- High resistance against scratches and water
- 316L stainless steel buckle (with black DLC coating for model 02) with Biatec logo
- Swiss Made 29 jewels Eterna 3901A mechanical automatic with customized “Corsair” rotor
- Bridge decorated with perlage
Vought F4U Corsair
We got our inspiration for our Corsair collection from the Vought F4U Corsair, which is still regarded as one of the most formidable American fighters of all times, and from the pilots who where making it fly. Their need was to have a comfortable yet precise watch they could wear both in their missions and in normal life.
We have strived to design our Corsair collection to make our watches have that “vintage” look which could remind those pilots’ needs and at the same time be modern and efficient timepieces to be worn in modern everyday life. We wanted to have a clear sign of that flying machine incorporated into our watches by having a special customized “Corsair” rotor for the mechanical automatic Eterna 3901A movement which is clearly visible from the see-through glass in the backside of our entire collection.
From Wikipedia: “The Vought F4U Corsair, also known with its nickname “the hog”, was an American fighter aircraft that saw service primarily in World War II and the Korean War. From the first prototype delivery to the U.S. Navy in 1940, to final delivery in 1953 to the French, 12,571 F4U Corsairs were manufactured, in 16 separate models, in the longest production run of any piston-engined fighter in U.S. history (1942–53).
The F4U incorporated the largest engine available at the time: the 2,000 hp (1,500 kW) 18-cylinder Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp radial. To extract as much power as possible, a relatively large Hamilton Standard Hydromatic three-blade propeller of 13 feet 4 inches (4.06 m) was used.
As well as the U.S. and British use the Corsair was also used by the Royal New Zealand Air Force, the French Navy Aéronavale and other, smaller, air forces until the 1960s. The Corsair served almost exclusively as a fighter-bomber throughout the Korean War and during the French colonial wars in Indochina and Algeria.”
WE ARE AGAINST WAR. We never intended to promote war or violence among peoples of any country, religion, culture, race or any other difference. We were inspired by the Corsair JUST as an example of one of the greatest and reliable pieces of flying machinery of all times and the people behind it, thinking about their need of having a great and reliable timepiece. We JUST wanted to match those needs with the ones of a modern man in our times and styled our watches accordingly.